Saturday, November 3, 2012

Watching an Election from the Other Side of the World

I have kept an eye on the election as I have been living here, not a super close eye, but an eye nonetheless. My absentee ballot finally arrived, so I can vote. I won't go into the details of who I am voting for and why, for my opinion is very insignificant in the big scheme of things.

I will say that I don't have faith in politics to somehow save America, to solve our problems, to fix everything. I have faith in the Father. A president is just a man. America isn't the hope of the world; our Rescuer is.

No matter who is elected, the Sovereign King will still be reigning. No matter who leads the nation, He is leading me. No matter who holds the highest office of the land, His office is higher, and He has final authority. 

So, what am I to do? Make my best judgement call, act faithfully, and trust the Father with the results. Some trust in princes, but I will trust in Him. I'm proud to be an American, but that isn't my most important citizenship. There are unseen things vastly more important than this world.





No comments:

Post a Comment