Saturday, July 7, 2012

Two Weeks!

That is how much time I have left in Texas. Just two weeks! 

I'm busy packing and finishing up homework for my TEFL certification. Many emotions are running through my heart at the moment. I'm excited about the move, excited about the people I will meet and the new experiences I will have. I'm nervous too, nervous about starting a new life in a new place. I'm most nervous about being away from my family and friends. As I've been saying goodbye to close friends, I've been realizing more and more how utterly blessed I am with the community that I have. I have the best friends in the world, and such a loving family. I know that missing them will be the hardest part of being overseas. 

Even with all the conflicting emotions, the emotion I am feeling most deeply is peace: soul-satisfying, restful peace. I feel so sure and settled about this decision. I know that I am supposed to go to China. I was expecting to be a bundle of nerves when I was this close to leaving, but I just feel so at peace. I know this could only be the work of the Father. He is so faithful, faithful in my decisions and readiness and faithful to be sovereign over my mind and heart. He can be trusted. Continue lifting me up. The days ahead will be exciting, though difficult with many goodbyes. If you would like to support my move, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment