Sunday, August 12, 2012

Great Wall

We had a break from classes and climbed the Great Wall, and then had a picnic at the top! The end was amazing. The getting there was hard, harder physically than most challenges I have had in my life. Imagine 5 miles of stairs and inclines and declines, and more stairs, and more stairs, and even more stairs. I hope to write more in my coming newsletter about the climb, and the lessons I learned along the way. For now, here are some pictures from the journey:

With friends in the lobby before we left. See how pretty we all look? We did not look this pretty after. :)
With friends before we started

More friends with our entrance tickets!

On a cable car

At the beginning. Hair is still down. Reppin' Texas Tech!

With my lovely friend and encourager, Emily. I wouldn't have made it to the top without her.

On the way.

Getting close. Going step by step.

Just a little more to go!!!!!
After finishing the challenge. I'm finally at the top, at the highest point tourists can go.
After all of that climbing, I was thrilled to take an Alpine Shoot down the Mountain. It was SO MUCH FUN!

5 comments:

  1. You had an incredible adventure and look very good doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try the Alpine Shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that you get to go down a SLIDE after climbing the Great Wall!! That's awesome! :D I liked your funny video, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pictures! Reminds me of when I did the Grouse Grind in Vanvouver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That slide looks amazing! One day...

    ReplyDelete