Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Past Week

Many exciting things have happened this last week.

1. I had a great dinner with my students on teacher's day. At the restaurant, the owner came out to meet me, and gave us four free dishes because I was there. It is a really weird thing to get special treatment so often (in this case maybe because of my foreignness or because of me being a teacher).



2. I got a bicycle! This is so wonderful, and such a huge blessing. The vegetable, fruit, and meat markets are about 2 miles away. It will be nice to have a bike to make the trip. What a blessing!

3. Erika and I went into town by ourselves! We took a couple buses and found our way around. This gave me a lot of confidence.

4. Today, we went to an international fellowship in downtown Zhengzhou. There were about 100 like-minded people from all over the world, singing to the father together. It was wonderful. I made some new friends as well.

5. Classes were great. My students are engaged and learning.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this list :). The four free dishes was probably more about you being a teacher (place in society) than about skin -- since it was Teacher's Day. On Women's Day you'll get free stuff, Children's day, kids get stuff. It's still kind of weird, though, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete