Saturday, September 6, 2014

China Photoshop

Living as a foreigner in China, I end up needing to have a lot of passport photos on hand, whether for visas, health checks, student cards, cafeteria cards, etc. Getting these photos taken is quite the experience. In America, they take your photo, charge you an insane amount of money, and then give you four little images where (fingers-crossed) you look ok. 

In China, before you take the photos, they will make sure your hair is looking good. They position you and make you slightly move your head up, down, left or right until it is just perfect. After taking several shots, you choose which you like best. Then comes the fun part, where you sit and watch a wizard photoshop you for 10 minutes. 

Here is my photo: my hair has been given extra volume, my shoulders lowered, my skin smoothed, and all my freckles removed. 




2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the Mona Lisa...Maybe that is the secret that she was smiling about! ;)
    You are beautiful inside and out, and I love you just the way you are!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! In Europe they're like the little photo booths in the mall... just no nonsense and affordable. So funny how different things can be across oceans!

    ReplyDelete