Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy Women's (And Girl's) Day

Yesterday was International Women's Day, which is celebrated here in China. The day before is known, on campus, as Girl's Day. There were pink balloons tied to all the trees around campus, music blaring throughout the day. As I was walking to class, I saw 20 boys with pink balloons tied to their bicycles, picking up girls from a dormitory to take them to class. How sweet.

My students told me that I am supposed to celebrate Girl's Day because I will not be a woman until I turn 30. Good to know.

On Women's Day, Erika and I decided to go to dinner at one of the little restaurants on campus. The hostess came up to our table and gave us each a bag of red date yogurt in honor of Women's Day. How about that?!? Too bad I'm allergic. :(
 

1 comment: