Monday, March 11, 2013

So you like Johnny Depp, huh?

Some days, I get to my teaching building early so that I can spend some time in the "teacher rest room" chatting with the Chinese teachers. I have met some good friends there. Last week, I met a group of new teachers, and they were all talking about their favorite American movie stars. They asked me for my opinion, and I said several names before they were able to recognize one: Johnny Depp.

"Oh, Johnny Depp. I like him so much too! He is in the pirates movie!"

One of the teachers even proceeded to give an impersonation of Captain Jack Sparrow (aka- drunken stupor). Awesome sauce.

Fast forward to today. I am about to start teaching my freshman when one of those teachers comes into my classroom. She hands me a little box and says, "Last week, you said that you like Johnny Depp, and I saw this and thought of you. I thought you would appreciate it."


I had no idea what to expect inside the box... Something Johnny Depp related...


Turns out that it was a tin box, with Captain Jack Sparrow's face on it. Awesome. What treasures shall I store in here?


No comments:

Post a Comment