Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Wu Han Duck Neck

Every Tuesday, I spend a few hours in the afternoon in the Foreign Teacher's Library. This is a place where students can come check out books and talk with a foreign teacher. Normally, there are about 20 or so students there each week to chat.

Today, many of my freshman students came to talk with me. One girl had visited the city of Wu Han over the weekend. She told me all about her trip and then said that she had a special gift for me.

This is what she pulled out of her bag:





Special Spicy Duck Neck!!

The other students in library gasped and started exclaiming about how delicious these duck necks are. "Oh, Sarah... it is a delicacy."

...

So, I now have a bag of special spicy duck neck sitting on my table. I haven't yet worked up the courage to try them. If I ever do become that courageous, I will add another blog post to tell you how they taste. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment