Saturday, March 2, 2013

Typical Bus Ride

Or, not so typical...

Today, I rode on a very crowded bus, but that is pretty normal here in Zhengzhou. Anytime I need to go to town, I take the bus (only 1 yuan vs. 40 yuan for a taxi). It takes about an hour to get where I want to be. Normally, I get a seat on the way there, since my campus is close to the start of the bus line.

Today was not one of those days. There were SO MANY people waiting at the bus stop. I wasn't in the mood to shove my way on, so I waited, and was left without a seat. Oh, well. Sometimes I prefer to stand anyway (more energy burned).

Every stop, the driver would yell in Chinese over the intercom. I have no idea what he was saying, but I assume it was something like, "Everybody cram in as tight as you can!!!"

So, I took a picture... before I was crammed even more... This was my view, from about half-way back.


No comments:

Post a Comment