Friday, February 15, 2013

Adventure of the Best Kind

This day included so many things that enliven my soul:

1. Nature
2. Thunderstorms
3. Amazingly great friends
4. Randomly bursting into song with those friends
5. Hiking
6. Hiking
7. Hiking
8. Seriously, this hiking was just about the best thing ever
9. Elephants
10. Good, deep conversation
11. Beautiful flowers
12. Lots of laughter
13. Waterfalls
14. Pad Thai
15. Hiking

Some images from the day...

 First, we visited an Orchid Farm. The entire time, I was wishing I had my macro lens for pictures.


The Whole Crew

about $65 - that would be one very expensive flower





Then, we road some elephants. Emily and I named our elephant Norma. We had the idea for a children's book called Norma the 'Nanna Eater. Then, we learned that Norma was pregnant. After being sad over the fact that she had to carry us through the jungle while being pregnant, we named her son Ned (yes, son... somehow, we just knew). So, if our children's book is ever published, we almost have a sequel ready to go... Ned and the Nefarious _________ . (Any Suggestions?)


This is our Father's world, and it is breath-taking.

Prince Ali, mighty is he, Ali-A-Baba...


I know, I know... TTU, TAMU, and WBU all in one outfit...

Then, we took a trek through the jungle. I LOVED LOVED LOVED this hike. I can't even begin to explain how amazing and alive I felt climbing over boulders, crossing streams, and peering through the trees at wild elephants!! Living my entire life in good ol' Lubbock, I just never before realized how amazing hiking is! It is stupendous! Now, if you ever mention me in a conversation, and someone says, "Sarah who?" you should respond, "You know... Sarah... that girl who loves to hike." Then, they will say, "Oh, ya... Her. Got it."



The end of the hike led to a waterfall. We took a break here and, even though I wasn't necessarily dressed for the occasion, I decided to just jump (more like fall) into the water! I mean, how many times in my life will I be at a waterfall? I might as well experience it to the fullest!





The End.

Stay tuned for our next episode... Conference

4 comments:

  1. If you're anything like me, coming home will be hard after such beauty. :) But family makes it worth it. Still- enjoy the beauty and adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhhhh.... Good ideas Heather!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete