Saturday, February 16, 2013

Overwhelmed

I've been ruminating over this post for the past couple of days, wondering how in the world I could describe my experience at conference. There is so much that I want to say, but some thoughts go so deep that no words can really do them justice. Just know that this is one of those times. I will reach for my best words to weave a picture for you, but know that my words will undoubtedly fall short.

Every year, my org holds a conference for all workers in Asia. We gather together in Thailand for a time of refreshment, community, classes, discussion, remembrance, and seeking the Father. While at this conference, I just had the overwhelming sense of being part of a family, a family that I in no way merit belonging to. These men and women have given up their lives for something higher, have given up comforts of the west, have given up close contact with their families to go and live in a hard place and share the Father's love. I was reunited with wonderful friends from orientation, and I met so many amazing new friends. As I live in a land where I don't belong, this family gave me a sense of belonging. They spurred my love for the Father, my desire for the nations to know Him.

Some highlights:
1. Times of singing and adoration. I have no words for what I experienced in these times of corporate praise. I was confronted again and again with His overwhelming love, my deplorable sin, His grace, and my need. To know Him, that is the only good.

2. Being with friends. The Father has graced me to know some of His choicest souls, men and women with hearts aflame for Him. I learned a bigger stride walking alongside of them these past two weeks.

3. Fun activities. Swing dancing, playing games, trips to the market, etc. Laughter was all around me and bubbling up from inside of me all week long.


Photos:

Terrace Dinner with the Southerners :)

With my teammie and my roomie

Barb and John!!! I love them. John is one of the best people to have a conversation with!

Such wonderful people. Love them.

With my brothers!
The Father has be unbelievably good to me that I get to know people such as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment